Friday, September 2
Sorry for taking so long to update this blog... Reason? cos u need a ethernet cable to log on to the internet and they require u to hunt for one urself... So living in the outskirts of Toronto and without a car, it took me some time to locate a ethernet cable.
Describe my university?Hmmm, nothing proud to sae. Nobody noes my university, its a 2-3yr old university and it shares the campus with Durham college. So every1 thinks u r juz a stupid college when u tell them u study in this area. How retarded -Ontario is the major state of Canada, and University of Ontario is juz a unheard, small cosy university... "Canadian government is sponsoring heavily to the growth of University of Ontario so that it will be the MIT in the north" this was qouted by the spokesman of the school. Bullshit is all I've gotta sae.
How abt my residence? There r residence advisors here, pple who has stayed here for the last yr or semester and they move in early to help with the new intake of residents. Not a single wan of them is friendly or warming... In theory they are suppose to help and assist u in moving in to this residence, care for ur needs and ans any qns u haf... In practise or in reality, they r here juz to look good, act cool and check out any babes coming in to this residence. Residence Advisors? Residence posers I say.
What more do I haf to complain. Oh yah the area.... Outskirts of Toronto... Inaccesible, boring place with too funky pple... GG!
GLHF Jx....!!!
However, somehow or rather, in every shitty situation theres always a brighter side... (Macham nike commercial heh... "Always look on the bright side of life"....) My international student advisor is rather friendly, and she assign me to some senior international student to bring me arnd. This is what i need exactly, some desperate help when u r stuck in a ulu place. So I stayed in my room the whole of Wednesday as this senior is suppose to come and look for me. I watched tv, read thru my A-level qns & ans Maths book (I couldnt ans a single qns, guess army makes u real stupid, wonder where i got my A for maths from) , listen to songs, brush teeth, turn off lights to sleep and nobody contacted me... Expected, kenna tua....
Next day, wake up feeling damn dulan, I went to look for my international student advisor again. She apologise and got me to meet up with this senior directly.... After interacting with him, I realise it wasnt his or the student advisor's fault. He called the residence up and the person in charge didnt transfer his call to my room. So he tot I was out while i was waiting like a idiot... Muz be the work of those "friendly" Residence Posers... Anyway this senior, he's called Vincent, from China, is super nice and brought me arnd the school, and help me to get my shopping done... We converse in Chinese cos though its his third yr here, his english, with a China slang and Canadian Accent, isnt veri pleasant to the ears.
I opened a bank account, bought shower curtains (my residence dun provide 1 and without 1, water from the shower flows from the toilet to the living room, flooding it and no mops for u to clean it up), electric kettle, water filter, pillow, mattress pad, detergent, bread, carrots and eggs (to cook with instant noodle for dinner). Things here are super expensive.... A floor rug which i initially wanted to buy to put outside the toilet cost C$19++. My shopping cost came to C$150.00. So to conclude -> Canadians = Cheaters....
My roomate is one lucky ass man, all thanks to me. He got every shit in place cos I got fake to move in early. The international student welcome day is suppose to be on the 2nd of Sep, but this student advisor who juz took on the job 3 months ago changed it, and now its 6th of Sep. Nobody bothered to inform this international student from Singapore, aka me. I could haf enjoyed more in Singapore, go for Dennis peagent, rather than get stuck all alone thru the coming long weekend (Mon is the labour day, everywhere is closed.)
Dunno y Im saying this but I cant wait for skool to start... My books are going to be my best frens ever... And I think I'm gonna do damn well loh... Y? Cos (dunno where I heard this from) studying in the harshest conditions churns the best results...
Jx
4:05 AM