Friday, September 2

Hihi, proud to say - I survived the 25hrs flight arnd the world… Actually it wasn't that bad as I expected. Due to the 2 yrs of army training, LOL, needless to say I easily went into hibernating mode during the flights. Anyway, security through the customs was super tight. In my quest to Canada, I have to transit at USA, and after the recent terrorist scares, pple there super hum ji loh… Treat every single foreigner as a fucking terrorist man, put u thru numerous checks…. Cant they see I’m a god damn Chinese with no fucking turban!!!
Here are the list of things I was put through. (Maybe if I look like Kerk than bo bian eh… But I look how friendly… Haha, sorry kerk)
They open my bag. They ask me to take off shoes. Take off anything attach to my body like watch or pouch. And they even ask me to take off my belt. So I was almost strip down to nothing (anything more wld have to be R(A)) rite b4 the metal detector and the queue of pple behind were juz watching free show. Paiseh sia…. Then they scan and use some machine to scent my stuff, taking their old sweet time when I had to rush for my next connecting flight…
Anyway the highlight of the trip wasn’t abt this. When my plane landed at the Minneapolis Airport and all the kan chiong Chinese passengers (muz be the Chinese) were abt to stand up to open the overhead compartment so that they will be the first wans to rush out of the plane, an announcement came thru asking all to be remain seated, custom officials are to board this plane to find a suspect.
“tiok bo, dun tell me I was in a plane with a terrorist for 10 hrs..” Then instantly and automatically my eyes turn to this certain co- passenger who wears a turban… Haha, fuck me, but the only obvious suspect wld be u man… 3 police officials with a Chinese man dressed in shirt and pants came up the plane and they went up, not to the turban guy, but to this young Chinese boy seated not far away from me.
“Ni de hu zao zai na li”(Where is your god damn passport?) the Chinese man asked. “Wo gae le bie ren” (I gave it to somebody) replied the kid. “Gae le shui?”(Who did you give it to?) “Wo bu zhi dao!” (I dunno)
It was suppose to be a tense atmosphere but I found it really funny. Knn, how can you give somebody u dunno ur passport and it reminded me so much of the commercial –“Dong xi zhai na li?” “Wo bu zhi dao!” And to add to it, a stupid Chinese man can still stand up and attempt to get his hand carry luggage down the overhead compartment. Then the Chinese boy walk up and down the aile to try identify the guy he gave his passport to. In the end he couldn’t identify any1 and the custom officials gave the go ahead to allow the passengers to clear the aeroplane.
Anyway I got onto my plane, reach Canada and found my way to the airline service taxi I booked. Knn, sound professional rite – Classique Airline transit Service. I tot so too… When I gave them my flight details, I pressume some1 will be there waiting for me once I exit out of the arrival gate. In the end I had to venture out to find their counter located in one small corner of the airport and wait 1 hour for the driver to arrive to fetch me to the hostel.
Eventually, I reach my hostel, looks pretty decent and settled down. The area here looks like an industrial area man, huge blocks of building at least 100m apart from each other. Lots of cars in the carpark and I seriously think u need a car to get arnd here. Unlike asian country where the buildings are side to side and there is a widespread of public transport, the place here looks rather the opposite. Wide roads for cars, little public transport and big buildings located far away from each other.
I also came to realise that my university is located together with a college, so there r lots of adolescent, hormone unbalanced kids hanging arnd. And I guess they dun really like Chinese guys, and their best frens are named –“Marlboro, Seven and etc…” Smoking is definitely their most affectionate hobby and lots of them haf piercing in diff part of their face. And not to forget body art – tattoo is well appreciated here.
Haiz, wonderful isn’t it, this will be the new culture I would be mixing into… My future frens are the guys that ur mums warn u to stay clear when u were young.... Rite now, I juz camping in my room cos there is no point going arnd to shop as a car is needed and I dun intend to road march 21km again. My international student advisor is very friendly and she has got some other student to contact me to bring me arnd to shop. Hopefully all will turn out well…. So much for now…
Jx
3:56 AM